- Performance Application Programming Interface for Extreme-Scale Environments (PAPI-EX) (Poster)
, Seattle, WA, 2020 NSF Cyberinfrastructure for Sustained Scientific Innovation (CSSI) Principal Investigator Meeting, 20 2020.
- Effortless Monitoring of Arithmetic Intensity with PAPI's Counter Analysis Toolkit,”
13th International Workshop on Parallel Tools for High Performance Computing, Dresden, Germany, Springer International Publishing, September 2020.
- Roadmap for Refactoring Classic PAPI to PAPI++: Part II: Formulation of Roadmap Based on Survey Results,”
PAPI++ Working Notes, no. 2, ICL-UT-20-09: Innovative Computing Laboratory, University of Tennessee, July 2020.
- Exa-PAPI: The Exascale Performance API with Modern C++
, Houston, TX, 2020 Exascale Computing Project Annual Meeting, February 2020.
- PULSE: PAPI Unifying Layer for Software-Defined Events (Poster)
, Seattle, WA, 2020 NSF Cyberinfrastructure for Sustained Scientific Innovation (CSSI) Principal Investigator Meeting, February 2020.
- Redesigning PAPIâs High-Level API,”
Innovative Computing Laboratory Technical Report, no. ICL-UT-20-03: University of Tennessee, February 2020.
- Formulation of Requirements for New PAPI++ Software Package: Part I: Survey Results,”
PAPI++ Working Notes, no. 1, ICL-UT-20-02: Innovative Computing Laboratory, University of Tennessee Knoxville, January 2020.
- PAPI Software-Defined Events for in-Depth Performance Analysis,”
The International Journal of High Performance Computing Applications, vol. 33, issue 6, pp. 1113-1127, November 2019.
- Characterization of Power Usage and Performance in Data-Intensive Applications using MapReduce over MPI,”
2019 International Conference on Parallel Computing (ParCo2019), Prague, Czech Republic, September 2019.
- What it Takes to keep PAPI Instrumental for the HPC Community,”
1st Workshop on Sustainable Scientific Software (CW3S19), Collegeville, Minnesota, July 2019.
- Software-Defined Events through PAPI,”
2019 IEEE International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium Workshops (IPDPSW), Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, IEEE, May 2019.
DOI: 10.1109/IPDPSW.2019.00069 (446.41 KB)
- Counter Inspection Toolkit: Making Sense out of Hardware Performance Events,”
11th International Workshop on Parallel Tools for High Performance Computing, Dresden, Germany, Cham, Switzerland: Springer, February 2019.
DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-11987-4_2 (216.39 KB)
- Investigating Power Capping toward Energy-Efficient Scientific Applications,”
Concurrency Computation: Practice and Experience, vol. 2018, issue e4485, pp. 1-14, April 2018.
DOI: 10.1002/cpe.4485 (1.2 MB)
- Performance Analysis and Debugging Tools at Scale,”
Exascale Scientific Applications: Scalability and Performance Portability: Chapman & Hall / CRC Press, pp. 17-50, November 2017.
- Power-aware Computing: Measurement, Control, and Performance Analysis for Intel Xeon Phi,”
2017 IEEE High Performance Extreme Computing Conference (HPEC'17), Best Paper Finalist, Waltham, MA, IEEE, September 2017.
DOI: 10.1109/HPEC.2017.8091085 (908.84 KB)
- Power Management and Event Verification in PAPI,”
Tools for High Performance Computing 2015: Proceedings of the 9th International Workshop on Parallel Tools for High Performance Computing, September 2015, Dresden, Germany, Dresden, Germany, Springer International Publishing, pp. pp. 41-51, 2016.
DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-39589-0_4 (565.14 KB)
- Power Monitoring with PAPI for Extreme Scale Architectures and Dataflow-based Programming Models,”
2014 IEEE International Conference on Cluster Computing, no. ICL-UT-14-04, Madrid, Spain, IEEE, September 2014.
DOI: 10.1109/CLUSTER.2014.6968672 (3.45 MB)
- Analyzing PAPI Performance on Virtual Machines,”
VMWare Technical Journal, vol. Winter 2013, January 2014.
- Analyzing PAPI Performance on Virtual Machines,”
ICL Technical Report, no. ICL-UT-13-02, August 2013.
- Beyond the CPU: Hardware Performance Counter Monitoring on Blue Gene/Q,”
International Supercomputing Conference 2013 (ISC'13), Leipzig, Germany, Springer, June 2013.
- Non-Determinism and Overcount on Modern Hardware Performance Counter Implementations,”
2013 IEEE International Symposium on Performance Analysis of Systems and Software, Austin, TX, IEEE, April 2013.
- PAPI 5: Measuring Power, Energy, and the Cloud
, Austin, TX, 2013 IEEE International Symposium on Performance Analysis of Systems and Software, April 2013.
- Measuring Energy and Power with PAPI,”
International Workshop on Power-Aware Systems and Architectures, Pittsburgh, PA, September 2012.
DOI: 10.1109/ICPPW.2012.39 (146.79 KB)
- PAPI-V: Performance Monitoring for Virtual Machines,”
CloudTech-HPC 2012, Pittsburgh, PA, September 2012.
DOI: 10.1109/ICPPW.2012.29 (2.69 MB)
- Power Aware Computing on GPUs,”
SAAHPC '12 (Best Paper Award), Argonne, IL, July 2012.
- Parallel Performance Measurement of Heterogeneous Parallel Systems with GPUs,”
International Conference on Parallel Processing (ICPP'11), Taipei, Taiwan, ACM, September 2011.
DOI: 10.1109/ICPP.2011.71 (1.41 MB)
- Power-aware Computing on GPGPUs
, Gatlinburg, TN, Fall Creek Falls Conference, Poster, September 2011.
- User-Defined Events for Hardware Performance Monitoring,”
Procedia Computer Science, vol. 4: Elsevier, pp. 2096-2104, May 2011.
DOI: 10.1016/j.procs.2011.04.229 (361.76 KB)
- Can Hardware Performance Counters Produce Expected, Deterministic Results?,”
3rd Workshop on Functionality of Hardware Performance Monitoring, Atlanta, GA, December 2010.
- Collecting Performance Data with PAPI-C,”
Tools for High Performance Computing 2009, 3rd Parallel Tools Workshop, Dresden, Germany, Springer Berlin / Heidelberg, pp. 157-173, May 2010.
DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-11261-4_11 (4.45 MB)
- PerfMiner: Cluster-Wide Collection, Storage and Presentation of Application Level Hardware Performance Data,”
European Conference on Parallel Processing (Euro-Par 2005), Monte de Caparica, Portugal, Springer, September 2005.
DOI: 10.1007/11549468_1 (205.45 KB)
- Performance Profiling and Analysis of DoD Applications using PAPI and TAU,”
Proceedings of DoD HPCMP UGC 2005, Nashville, TN, IEEE, June 2005.
- Analysis and Optimization of Yee_Bench using Hardware Performance Counters,”
Proceedings of Parallel Computing 2005 (ParCo), Malaga, Spain, January 2005.
- Accurate Cache and TLB Characterization Using Hardware Counters,”
International Conference on Computational Science (ICCS 2004), Krakow, Poland, Springer, June 2004.
DOI: 10.1007/978-3-540-24688-6_57 (167.1 KB)
- Automatic Blocking of QR and LU Factorizations for Locality,”
2nd ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on Memory System Performance (MSP 2004), Washington, DC, ACM, June 2004.
DOI: 10.1145/1065895.1065898 (212.77 KB)
- Automating the Large-Scale Collection and Analysis of Performance,”
5th LCI International Conference on Linux Clusters: The HPC Revolution, Austin, Texas, May 2004.
- Hardware-Counter Based Automatic Performance Analysis of Parallel Programs,”
Advances in Parallel Computing, vol. 13, Dresden, Germany, Elsevier, pp. 753-760, January 2004, 2003.
- Performance Instrumentation and Measurement for Terascale Systems,”
ICCS 2003 Terascale Workshop, Melbourne, Australia, Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, June 2003.
DOI: 10.1007/3-540-44864-0_6 (5.36 MB)
- Experiences and Lessons Learned with a Portable Interface to Hardware Performance Counters,”
PADTAD Workshop, IPDPS 2003, Nice, France, IEEE, April 2003.
- A Comparison of Counting and Sampling Modes of Using Performance Monitoring Hardware,”
International Conference on Computational Science (ICCS 2002), Amsterdam, Netherlands, Springer, April 2002.
DOI: 10.1007/3-540-46080-2_95 (122 KB)
- Review of Performance Analysis Tools for MPI Parallel Programs,”
European Parallel Virtual Machine / Message Passing Interface Usersâ Group Meeting, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 2131, Greece, Springer Verlag, Berlin, pp. 241-248, September 2001.
DOI: 10.1007/3-540-45417-9_34 (39.61 KB)
- End-user Tools for Application Performance Analysis, Using Hardware Counters,”
International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing Systems, Dallas, TX, August 2001.
- The PAPI Cross-Platform Interface to Hardware Performance Counters,”
Department of Defense Users' Group Conference Proceedings, Biloxi, Mississippi, June 2001.
- Using PAPI for Hardware Performance Monitoring on Linux Systems,”
Conference on Linux Clusters: The HPC Revolution, Urbana, Illinois, Linux Clusters Institute, June 2001.